Hi and welcome to Philosophy 125 Summer Session 2017. This What's Up page is where you should come on a regular basis to find out about any new developments.
I am currently setting this course up, but here are a couple of things that you need to know right away.
1. If you don't have the book already, get it right away. It is here. You can get it immediately as an e-text or from the Hornet bookstore. You absolutely do need the book to pass this class.
2. This course is an entirely online course. We never meet in person. All quizzing and testing is done through Blackboard.
3. I am extremely available and responsive to all questions and issues. On a normal weekday the longest it will take for me to respond is a couple of hours. Often it is just a couple of minutes.
4. This course is almost entirely self-paced. There will be a recommended schedule, but there are no absolute deadlines for quizzes or tests prior to the end of the term. (The only absolute deadlines are associated with journal entries. This is explained in the syllabus.) All quizzes and tests will be available at least a week prior to the recommended completion dates.
5. There is a good deal of work associated with this course, and those who tend to put things off will find that things do not go well. This course is built for students who are self-motivated and can keep up a steady work pace.
6. Go to this link to sign up for your online journal. Be sure that the email you enter is a Google Gmail account or another account that you have registered with Google.
7. Extremely important: You may not drop this course for any reason after June 14th.